CRDB Bank PLC is looking for a suitable person to fill a vacant position of Head of Legal in the Department of Company Secretary at the Head Office, in Dar es Salaam.
Responsible for leading and directing the legal portfolio, establishing robust legal governance frameworks across the Bank. To ensure the Banks strategic priorities are achieved and supported by appropriate legal guidance.
- Provide legal counsel and lead litigation services through the development and implementation of legal policy and governance frameworks. Recommend the best mix of internal and external legal services to the business that will provide the highest quality of legal advice.
- Ensure that both civil and criminal cases are presented and prosecuted in courts by professional external and or in house lawyers.
- Review lawsuits, claims, demands and prepare the defense for any legal actions against the Bank, and manage the case proceedings.
- Coordinate with management as appropriate to ensure that contractual matters are handled in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner to ensuring that processes and procedures are developed and applied consistently.
- Oversee the alignment of all relevant laws in all activities related to the Bank’s business at all times.
- Contribute to strategic planning processes at the Bank to ensure that plans are informed by high-quality legal advice to identify, minimize and manage legal risks.
- Ensure that there are appropriate contractual protections.
- Anticipate and keep informed of Government directions and the implications of the legislation for Bank’s activities, and respond to legislations as well as generating innovative solutions to legal matters, which lack procedures.
- Participate in negotiations, drafting and implementation of contracts and agreements on the Bank’s side to protect its interest.
- Act as the Bank’s legal counsel and main representative in all legal matters concerning the Bank.
- Coordinate the procurement and management of external legal services and provide guidance on SLA.
- Provide advice to the Bank on in all statutory and legal matters relating to the Bank’s business to ensure that the bank’s affairs are in line with the Laws of the Land.
- Oversee the daily management of the legal function and provide accurate, timely and pragmatic legal advice
- Mastermind the Legal team in the formulation, planning, and implementation of an effective legal strategy for the Bank.
- Prepare, monitor and control the budget of the Unit and ensure alignment with the business plan and expenses control within the agreed limits.
- Manage Legal team’s performance develop and implement plans to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- Excellent research, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze the bigger picture and offer practical recommendations for the business for remediation and mitigation of legal risks.
- Excellent Cases database skills.
- Proficient in Powerpoint preparation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and
- Ability to work in a team and motivate others to achieve the desired goals.
- Experience in leading a team and managing external advocates.
- Experience in developing strategies, budgets and leading change.
- Experience in Company Secretarial and Board duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree from reputable University preferably in Law or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Law with intense background in litigation.
- Understanding of BOT and CMSA Regulations, DSE Rules, Employment & Labour Relations Act.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful candidate will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcript, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work-related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach him not later than 20thNovember 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM